A real late bloomer: Jeremy Renner wasn't able to celebrate his breakthrough as an actor until he was 37. Now he's playing in the top league of Hollywood.
- FIRST NAME Jeremy Lee
- NAME Renner
- BORN 07.01.1971, Modesto, Kalifornien / USA
- STAR SIGN Steinbock
- YEARS 52
- SIZE 1.78 m
- PARTNER Sonni Pacheco (divorced since 2015)
- CHILDREN Ava Berlin (* 2013)
Not everyone knows that
- Jeremy loves the movie "Braveheart" so much that he says he has seen it more than 35 times.
- Despite his success in Hollywood, Jeremy hasn't quit his part-time job and still renovates houses with his pal Kristoffer Winters, which he then sells for a profit.
- The actor is left-handed.
- His last name already suggests it: Jeremy Renner's ancestors are immigrated Germans. But the actor also has Irish roots.
- In addition to his talent as an actor, the Hollywood star is also extremely musical, can sing, play the keyboard, guitar and drums. In some of his films, such as "Cold Country," Jeremy has even showcased his singing skills.
- Jeremy's parents, Valerie and Lee, divorced when he was ten years old. He now has a total of six brothers and sisters, and he is the eldest of the bunch. His youngest brother was born in 2011.
- Early in his career, Jeremy was bitten by a crazy fan at a bar. The woman wanted to draw attention to herself because the actor ignored her. The wound even bled and Jeremy had to get vaccinated against tetanus.
- Since his film "Kill the Messenger" (2014), the actor has also been involved behind the camera as a producer.
- A very big brother: His youngest brother was born in 2011 when Jeremy was already 40.
Biography of Jeremy Renner
Jeremy Renner has established himself as one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood in recent years - whether in action blockbusters, comic adaptations or character dramas. That's why he doesn't give a damn about not looking like every polished star. The "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" quoted him as saying, "I would rather be perceived as interesting than beautiful. "If only for the reason that I find it very difficult to ignore the looks of stunningly good-looking actors."
The slow climb
It was a long time before Jeremy even got to the point where anyone knew his name. For years, the actor got by with smaller roles in various films and TV series, while also keeping his head above water with jobs as a make-up artist and interior designer. At some point the tide turned, the roles got better, the films bigger. Then came "Lethal Command - The Hurt Locker". Jeremy starred in the war film in 2008 and was promptly nominated for an Oscar the following year. The Californian couldn't take the golden boy home with him, but thanks to Jeremy's Oscar nomination, numerous doors in Hollywood opened up. His second Oscar nomination for a supporting role in Ben AfflecksCrime drama "The Town - City without Mercy" did the rest for the aspiring career.
He's conquering Hollywood
Suddenly everyone knew his name, everyone wanted him: he could hardly save himself from offers. Since then he has acted both as the action hero as the successor to Matt Damon in "The Bourne Legacy", stands in front of the camera as comic hero Hawkeye in the Marvel films and always chooses smaller projects with interesting characters: the perfect mix. "For me it's about the challenge, in every role and in every genre: I don't have to know all the answers to a character before we even start shooting, I would find that boring."
Jeremy Renner privately
While Jeremy Renner is more likely to be seen in dark roles and less humorous flicks on screen, in private he is very funny and is not afraid to make himself a laughingstock. He gave one of his funny - and in this case embarrassing - stories to US talker Jimmy Kimmelto the best. There Renner told how he flew from London to Los Angeles for a dinner and had to go back to London the same evening to work. That means you have to sleep during the flight. So Jeremy had someone give him sleeping pills he thought was Ambien. So he calmly boarded the plane, made himself comfortable and threw in one of the pills. Nothing happened in terms of tiredness, but something else stirred. Suddenly Jeremy had a bad suspicion and looked closely at the pills and saw that they weren't marked with an 'A' for Ambien but with a 'V' for Viagra. Gone stupid! Not only could he not sleep the entire flight, the night literally became a "camping trip," as he joked on US TV.
Not so funny, however, was the separation from his wife in 2014. Jeremy was initially so happy with his wife Sonni Pacheco . The American very quietly and secretly said yes to the Canadian model in January 2014. Sonni has been the woman at his side since 2011, and their daughter Ava Berlin was born in March 2013. Shortly after saying yes, it was over again: his wife filed for divorce because of the famous "irreconcilable differences". A dispute over custody of little Ava followed – which the two ex-lovers fortunately agreed in April 2015.
The most famous films by Jeremy Renner
- 2003: SWAT - The Special Forces
- 2005: Cold Country
- 2006: The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
- 2008: Deadly Command - The Hurt Locker
- 2007: 28 Weeks Later
- 2010: The Town
- 2011: Thor
- 2011: Mission: Impossible - Phantom Protokoll
- 2012: Marvel's The Avengers
- 2012: The Bourne Legacy
- 2013: American Hustle
- 2013: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
- 2014: Kill the Messenger
- 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
- 2015: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
- 2016: The First Avenger: Civil War
- 2016: Arrival
2019: Avengers: Endgame