Scarlett Johansson is the girl who, in her early 20s, challenged the big Hollywood divas and outplayed her colleagues.
- FIRST NAME Scarlet Ingrid
- SURNAME Johansson
- BORN November 22, 1984, New York City, New York / USA
- STAR SIGN Scorpio
- YEARS 37
- SIZE 1.62 m
- PARTNER Colin Jost (married since 2020) Romain Dauriac (divorced) Ryan Reynolds (divorced) Sean Penn Jared Leto
- CHILDREN Rose Dorothy (*2014) Cosmo (*2021)
Not everyone knows that
- In March 2006, she caused a stir when she posed nude alongside Keira Knightley and Tom Ford on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine, photographed by Annie Leibovitz.
- Scarlett Johansson doesn't feel like going on starvation diets, but she has no problem with artificial beauty: "I definitely believe in plastic surgery. I don't want to be old, it's no fun." So far everything about her is real.
- In November 2010, sexy Scarlett was voted "Favorite of the Year" by US men's magazine "GQ".
- "Sometimes I wake up and I'm like, 'Oh my god, today I need a hat'. So when people say I'm sexy, especially on an 'I need a hat' day, that's nice to hear." With or without a hat: Scarlett likes light blonde tones, although her natural hair color is actually a reddish strawberry blonde.
- Scarlett is sometimes annoyed by her rough voice: "I can't hear the question if I have a sore throat anymore." For her detour behind the mic, however, a husky voice comes in handy: she released a CD on which she sings songs by Tom Waits.
- "I like my body and my face. And I love my boobs, I call them my girls."
- Actually, she had always boasted that she didn't have to do any sports. That seems to have changed now: Scarlett signed a three-year contract with Reebok and launched her own sports collection in 2007: 'Scarlett Hearts Rbk'.
- After an Oscars ceremony, she admitted that while she felt "like a princess" in her stunning black 'Hourglass' dress by Roland Mouret, she could hardly breathe. It was worth it: Scarlett's appearances on the red carpet are always big screen. With silk and taffeta and shine and glitter, she brings back the diva glamor of the 40s.
- Scarlett likes to make her fans wait up to two hours. Why is that? "I always examine myself in front of the mirror to make sure that nothing is transparent."
- Scarlett does yoga and gymnastics, but in moderation: "I'm a real lazybones. I sit around all day, eat Prociutto and drink Bellinis, that's my diet." Another reason why she raves about Woody Allen: "He doesn't send you to the gym and you don't have to abseil down skyscrapers with him."
- Scarlett prefers her hobbies to going to the gym. She loves gangster films, preferably "Scorsese with Pacino", listens to loud rock or competes with her lizard to see who can look more mysterious.
- After the birth of her daughter, Scarlett explained in the "Gala" interview: "It's exhausting in the most wonderful way. I never thought how much sleeping through the night would mean to me."
- Scarlett celebrated her 20th birthday at Disneyland.
- Scarlett has four siblings: half brother Christian, sister Vanessa, an older brother named Adrian and even a twin brother, Hunter.
Scarlett Johansson biography
The Americans call the cool blonde "Danish dynamite" because of her Scandinavian descent and explosive charisma. Scarlett Johansson is a real New York kid who knew very early on where to go.
Although neither mother Melanie nor her Danish father Karsten had anything to do with acting, Scarlett dragged her mother and siblings Adrian, Vanessa and Hunter (her twin brother, who is three minutes younger) to auditions for commercials from an early age. When the tall, dark-haired sunny boy Hunter, who bears no resemblance to his sister at all, initially did better than her on television commercials, little Scarlett began having hysterical fits in the casting office. Advertisers didn't want her to be a cheerful, red-cheeked All American sweetheart who shoved spoonfuls of low-fat yoghurt down her face.
Even then, Scarlett was more of a tough guy, a bit like Jodie Foster , who you never believed in the sugar-sweet bubblegum comedy either. It's a good thing that almost a decade later, Sofia Coppola was looking for just such an actress for her film "Lost in Translation" and Kirsten Dunst just didn't have time. Not a very young jumper anymore - before that came the "Horse Whisperer" - Scarlett really hit like dynamite. Since then she has been making one successful film after the other.
Overwhelmed by success
By the way, how did the cool girl with the raspy voice finally realize that she's famous? Scarlett, who has long been a movie star, was driving her BMW Z4 through Los Angeles one day and suddenly saw herself hanging from a Calvin Klein advertising poster on a facade, huge. She screamed and slammed on the brakes. "I couldn't believe it. It was really strange to see my cleavage the size of a brontosaurus," she later laughed in an interview. The actress first had to digest this encounter with her own self. Even today she says about the excitement about her person: "I don't think you can be prepared for sudden fame. You almost experience a small nervous breakdown when this kind of media hype suddenly starts."
Scarlett and the men
So while things are going more than smoothly professionally for the sexy actress, her private life is – well – rather turbulent. The cool blonde was said to have had numerous relationships and affairs. She has now been divorced twice. The first marriage to fellow actor Ryan Reynolds lasted just two years, and marriage number two to French journalist Romain Dauriac broke up after two years. Despite the divorce, the two will always be connected thanks to their daughter Rose, who was born in 2014. Of course, a woman like Scarlett Johansson doesn't stay on the single market for long. She has been with the American actor and comedian since 2017 Colin Jost since 2017together. And who knows, in the spirit of "All good things come in threes", maybe the third attempt at marriage will work out? Engaged since 2018, the two married in the Corona crisis year of 2020. Son Cosmo was born in 2021.
Two is Better
Not that Scarlett needs to prove to anyone that she's an undeniable acting talent, but the honor of holding a coveted Oscar in her hands has never hurt a career. In her case twice! The actress was nominated for a 2020 Academy Award for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress for her performances in Marriage Story and Jojo Rabbit.
Scarlett also made it to the top of the highest-paid actress list twice; she earned $25 million in 2016 and $56 million in 2019. She owes the sum above all to the Marvel film universe, which made her around 35 million richer with "Avengers: Endgame" and gave her an even bigger check for "Black Widow".